Conveyancing Consumer Panel’s Homebuyer Good Practice StandardsWritten by homebuy1
Homebuyer Conveyancing website signs up to Consumer Panel’s good practice standards
The Legal Services Consumer Panel is pleased to welcome another website to our good practice standards. The Homebuyer Conveyancing website is the sixth to have self-assessed as compliant with our standards.The Panel’s standards relate to areas like accessibility, accuracy of information, and use of personal information, making sure comparison sites provide a good service and enabling consumers to make informed choices.
This news follows the commitment by approved regulators to publish a basic set of core regulatory information in a reusable format. This will help choice tools like comparison sites obtain the information they need to enter the market.
Duncan Pattinson, Director of We Help You Too, which manages the Homebuyer Conveyancing website said:
"In business the only way to stay ahead is to continuously improve. We Help You Too has developed a conveyancing website that encourages client feedback. This provides a customer experience that simplifies what is seen by many to be complicated. The initiative set by the Legal Services Consumer Panel to push for self-regulation is welcome and worthwhile since it is these process standards that are often neglected by many. Promoting best practice and pushing for transparency in legal conveyacing quotes paves the way for consumers to make an informed choice."
Elisabeth Davies, Chair of the Legal Services Consumer Panel, said:
“We are very pleased that the Homebuyer Conveyancing website has recognised the value of our standards, which help make sure consumers are treated fairly. Consumers lack confidence when using legal services so comparison websites in this sector need to pay special attention to building public trust.
“It’s really positive that tangible progress is now being made on opening up access to the professional registers. In time this will allow people choosing lawyers to benefit from the electronic market place as they already do in vast numbers when buying goods and services in other markets.”
For more information, contact Harriet Gamper, Consumer Panel Associate, on 020 7271 0076.
Notes to editors
- The Legal Services Consumer Panel was established under the Legal Services Act 2007 to provide independent advice to the Legal Services Board about the interests of consumers of legal services in England and Wales. We investigate issues that affect consumers and use this information to influence decisions about the regulation of legal services.
- In 2012 the Legal Services Consumer Panel published a report on comparisons websites in the legal sector and developed a set of good practice standards.
- The Legal Services Board accepted the recommendations we made in the report, including that the regulators should open up the professional registers to allow greater transparency.
- In March 2014 the Panel co-hosted a round table on access to data with the Legal Services Board. Regulators agreed to release a basic dataset in a reusable format. You can read the letter to regulators from Panel Chair Elisabeth Davies and Legal Services Board Chief Executive Chris Kenny here.
- The good practice standards can be viewed here.
- The Legal Services Consumer Panel lists comparison websites, where Buyers and Sellers can compare Conveyancing Solicitors fees that have agreed to follow the good practices set down through the price comparison website standards.
Latest from homebuy1
- Quotes From Solicitors To Find Your Best Deal Now | Local Conveyancers Fees
- Cost-Effective Conveyancing Take Yours Now! | Find Conveyancers Fast
- Quotes On Conveyancing When Buying And Selling Property | Free Legal Search
- Quick Access To Conveyancing Online Quotes | No personal Details Required
- You Choose Your Solicitor For Moving House And Remortgaging | Free Solicitor Search
New Homebuyer Scottish Conveyancing panel
Why Choose Us
The Homebuyer Conveyancing panel provides you with the conveyancing calculation search filters to match your specific legal needs, when it comes to selling, buying and remortgaging residential property or buy to let investments. Our Lender Conveyancing Solicitors panel cover England and Wales. Your remortgage, sale and purchase conveyancing prices are fully itemised. No hidden extras. Free No Obligation Advice
First Time Buyer? Need Conveyancing Advice? – Prepare your conveyancing legal question and book a timed call back from your chosen Conveyancer.
Alternatively please call us on 0345 463 7664. We are here to help you.
Find your best Lender panel approved Conveyancing Solicitors quote for your residential New Build, Sale and Purchase, Moving House or Remortgage. Use our free independent Conveyancing Solicitors near me comparison service.
Our Service Promise
- Price Comparison quote service - No personal details
- Conveyancing costs - Fully itemised quote - Include legal fees and disbursements
- Book a call from your Conveyancer at your requested time
- Professional Solicitors and Licensed Conveyancers that understand your needs
- Please call us on 0345 463 7664 We will help you find your best conveyancing quotes
- The Homebuyer Conveyancing Panel are monitored for on time call backs and service delivery. They adhere to a Customer Charter. We value Customer feedback and act on it
- SRA Regulated Solicitors and CLC Licensed Conveyancers
- Homebuyers can add the Flexi Smart Contingency House Insurance
Find out about Buyers Protect Insurance.
Conveyancing Service Promise.
Conveyancing Direct Service
The conveyancing costs Process Explained
Homebuyer Survey Costs
Click the link - SURVEY Finder
Order your Homebuyer Survey and Valuation
Is your new property in good order and worth what you are paying for it.
You can get a discount on the following reports.
RICS Condition Report - Property Condition
RICS Homebuyer Report - Property Condition and Valuation
RICS Premium Building Survey - Property Condition, Valuation with approximate urgency with cost