HMO Conveyancing Houses In Multiple Occupation | Homebuyer ConveyancingWritten by homebuy1
Homebuyer Conveyancing the Lawyer finder for Investors buying an HMO (houses in multiple occupation)
HMO Conveyancing Quotes
The Housing ACT 2004
A House of multiple occupancy HMO is
1) A house or flat which is let to 3 or more tenants who form 2 or more households and who share a kitchen, bathroom or toilet.
2) A house which has been converted into bedsits which is let to 3 or more tenants who form 2 or more households.
HMO licensing is mandatory for buildings of 3 or more storeys occupied by five or more tenants.
The Landord is responsible to ensure the property meets the required HMO standards.
Usable shared space is a key deciding factor. You cannot have simply bedrooms.
The Kitchen and living space must meet certain standards.
Fire prevention is a major requirement with appropriate warning systems in place together with a fire blanket, emergency lighting and fire extinguishers.
Professional installers are now clued up on what is required and the costs are relatively small.
Why Buy An HMO Or Turn A Property Into An HMO?
The Buy to Let market is regulated and strong yields are achievable where a property has many tenants.
Typically Student properties must meet an HMO Standard.
Strong rents over £85 per week are achievable and can be above £100 a week if the property is of a high standard and has en-suite bathrooms.
Landlords Buying an HMO can compare Conveyancers quickly and efficiently using the Homebuyer buy to let legal pricing calculator.
An HMO license is non transferable. The Buyer must apply for a new License and before exchange of contracts it is worth contacting the properties Local Authority.
They will visit the property and advise what changes will be required to bring it up to the required standard.
This has major implications as sometimes the Local Authority can downgrade a property from say a 6 bed to a 5 bed simply because the Kitchen does not have the required number of sinks or the kitchen is too small for the number of tenants that occupy the property.
If you are a landlord buying a 6 bed and then it turned out to be just a 5 bed your expected yield and value of the property would drop.
Most student property value is based on yield.
landlords need to be an expert or call in the right professional HMO experts to advise.
Local Authorities work to a formula to understand how many tenants the property can comfortably accommodate.
Find your HMO Solicitor online or call
0345 463 7664
Latest from homebuy1
- Sharia Conveyancing Solicitors, Islamic Legal Services | Homebuyer Conveyancing
- Easy To Compare Conveyancers Pricing | Homebuyer Conveyancing
- Best Buy, Simple To Use Conveyancing Calculator | Homebuyer Conveyancing
- Great Value Mortgage Approved Lawyers | Homebuyer Conveyancing
- Instantly Find Solicitors Fixed Legal Rates | Homebuyer Conveyancing
Why Choose Us
The Homebuyer panel provides you with the cost calculation search filters to match your specific legal needs, when it comes to selling, buying residential property or buy to let property investments. Our Lender Solicitors panel cover England and Wales. Your sale and purchase conveyancing prices are fully itemised. No hidden charges. Free No Obligation Advice
First Time Buyer? Need Advice? – Prepare your legal question and book a timed call back from your chosen Conveyancer by using the quote tool.
Alternatively please call us on 0345 463 7664. We are here to help you.
Find your best Lender panel approved Solicitors for your residential New Build, Sale and Purchase, Moving House or Remortgage by using our independent Lender Conveyancing Solicitor near me comparison service.
Our Service Promise
- Price Comparison service - No personal details
- Conveyancing charges - Fully itemised - Include legal fees and disbursements
- Book a call from your Conveyancer at your requested time
- Professional Solicitors and Licensed Conveyancers that understand your needs
- Please call us on 0345 463 7664 We will help you find your best conveyancing quotes
- The Homebuyer Panel are monitored for on time call backs and service delivery. They adhere to a Customer Charter. We value Customer feedback and act on it
- SRA Regulated Solicitors and CLC Licensed Conveyancers
- Homebuyers can add the Flexi Smart Contingency House Insurance to their quote
Find out about Buyers Protect Insurance.
Read all about our Service Price Promise.
Conveyancing Direct Service
The conveyancing Process Explained
Click the link - SURVEY QUOTE
Order your Homebuyer Survey and Valuation
Is your new property in good order and worth what you are paying for it.
You can get a discount on the following reports.
RICS Condition Report - Property Condition
RICS Homebuyer Report - Property Condition and Valuation
RICS Premium Building Survey - Property Condition, Valuation with approximate costs / urgency