So what should you be looking at when comparing conveyancing quotes from conveyancing solicitors?Written by homebuy1
So you are buying, selling or remortgaging your property and decide to instruct a conveyancer to handle this for you, but how do you know what to look for when the solicitor or conveyancer provides you with a conveyancing quote?
The ideal scenario for comparing conveyancing quotes from a Solicitor or Conveyancer
The ideal scenario is that a homebuyer goes online and finds a Solicitor or Licenced Conveyancer that is competitive but has a remit to update the Homebuyer on a regular basis. If problems arise the Homebuyer is given an opportunity to understand what they need to resolve and importantly how they do it. Conveyancing is a complex process where shortcuts rarely exist to get to the satisfactory completion.
How do you make that initial search to instruct your Conveyancer?
There's a few things you want to consider and take into account:
- You want a fixed price for your conveyancing so that you can compare quotes accurately.
- You want to understand what the quote covers and what extra costs could be involved.
- You want to be able to communicate with the Conveyancer on a need to basis.
The reality is ...
Comparison sites were built so that you could compare costs of your conveyancing. Sounds simple but in reality the only way you can compare is when a Solicitors cost base of disbursements is fixed and not dependent on location. The first obstacle is what does my search pack include and what extras will need to be spent on additional searches?
The Homebuyer Conveyancing panel has worked with OneSearch to produce a search pack that covers England and Wales and no additional search costs will be required due to County additional search premiums. That leaves a few searches that are simply postcode dependent and are suggested and recommended by your expert Conveyancer. Examples are Coal and Cornish tin mining searches. These are nominal costs and including them in ‘one size fits all’ search pack would simply increase costs for the majority of homebuyers without any benefit.
The legal fees for conveyancing are based around certain questions such as, is your property a leasehold? The more complex the process of conveyancing the higher the legal fees will be.
Help in understanding your conveyancing quote
The simple answer to this is always arrange for your chosen Conveyancer to call you and discuss any questions your might have before you instruct. That way if they do not call then you had a lucky escape! When they do call, you can discuss your quote and the conveyancer can then confirm if they feel that the quote covers the work involved. When you are happy your questions have been answered, you can then instruct and proceed with the paperwork and contracts required to instruct your chosen conveyancer.
From instruction through to exchange and completion
Once you have instructed your Conveyancer you then may have questions that only come about once the transaction is in progress. With the Homebuyer Conveyancing panel you can click and arrange a call back direct from your expert Conveyancer. That ensures you aren’t in a holding queue on the phone but also that you can expect a call at a time that suits you. Simply ensuring that your questions can be responded to. We know the importance of getting through to your Conveyancer and this simple step approach paves the way for easy communication.
So in summary ..
Do your homework before you instruct a conveyancer and make sure you know what's included in your fixed fee conveyancing quote. Make sure you are getting the best Lender conveyancing deal, but that everything is included. DO NOT GET CAUGHT OUT BY LOW COST COMPARISON SITES THAT DO NOT INCLUDE ALL FEES.
- What does my conveyancing quote include?
- Before you instruct a solicitor or conveyancer, arrange a callback with them and at a time that suits you.
- Can you speak to your conveyancer when you need to?
We strive to make your house buying, selling or remortgaging journey stress free and we want you to make informed decisions about who to use and to get the best possible solicitor to act for you.
Latest from homebuy1
- Conveyancing Solicitors Near Me Finder. Compare Moving Conveyancing Costs Online
- Best Conveyancing Quotes. Compare Cheap Conveyancing Solicitors Costs Online
- Compare Conveyancing Quotes Online. Fixed Fee Conveyancing Solicitors Quotes
- Best Conveyancing Quote. Compare Conveyancers Fees. Property Solicitors Near Me
- Conveyancing Fees. Buying, Selling Property. Compare Best Priced Solicitor Costs
Why Choose Us
The Homebuyer Conveyancing panel provides you with the cost of conveyancing search filters to match your specific property legal needs, when it comes to selling, buying residential property or buy to let property investments. Our lender Conveyancing Solicitors and Licensed Conveyancers panel cover England and Wales. Your Conveyancing quotes are fully itemised. No hidden charges.
Free No Obligation Advice
Need Conveyancing Advice? – Prepare your property legal question and book a timed call back from your chosen Conveyancer by using the Instant conveyancing quote tool.
Alternatively please call us on 0345 463 7664. We are here to help you.
Find your best mortgage lender panel approved Property Solicitors and Conveyancing Solicitors quotes for your residential Sale, Purchase, Property Move or Remortgage by using our lender, location and price comparison service.
Our Service Promise
- Price Comparison service - No personal details
- Conveyancing quotes - Fully itemised - Include Conveyancing fees and disbursements
- Book a call from your Conveyancer at your requested time
- Profesional Property Solicitors and Licensed Conveyancers that understand your needs
- Please call us on 0345 463 7664 We will help you find your best Conveyancing quote
- The Homebuyer Conveyancing Panel are monitored for on time call backs and service delivery. They adhere to a Customer Charter. We value Customer feedback and act on it
- SRA Regulated Property Solicitors and CLC Licensed Conveyancers
- Homebuyers can add the Flexi Smart Contingency House Insurance to their quote
Click the link - SURVEY QUOTE
Order your Homebuyer Survey and Valuation
Is your new property in good order and worth what you are paying for it.
You can get a discount on the following reports.
RICS Condition Report - Property Condition
RICS Homebuyer Report - Property Condition and Valuation
RICS Premium Building Survey - Property Condition, Valuation with approximate costs / urgency